Our new Cooper® Tracks program at Shannon Health Club provides the guidance and support needed to help participants begin exercising, increase confidence and develop habits to live healthier.
Cooper Tracks is an 8 week program featuring:
• 2 small group exercise/education sessions per week
• Individualized exercise in a group setting
• Pre-and post-program health assessments
• Social support and accountability
• Comprehensive health education on topics related to chronic
disease, nutrition, healthy lifestyle and stress management
• Exercise tracking tools
Shannon Health Club has recently launched a new program in partnership with renowned Cooper Wellness Strategies™, a Cooper Aerobics company, to help individuals manage chronic health conditions. Cooper® Tracks is an exercise and educational program designed to guide and support individuals through exercising, increasing confidence, and developing habits to live healthier lives by managing their chronic disease and improving their immune health. The fitness classes were created to help patients who have finished physical rehabilitation, cancer treatment, diabetes education or other rehabilitation programs transition into a medically-based health club setting environment more easily.
Our programs provide the guidance and support needed to help participants begin exercising, increase confidence, and develop habits to live healthier to help manage their chronic conditions.
Shannon Health Club is one of the first fitness facilities in the nation to partner with Cooper Wellness Strategies and to implement Cooper Tracks. Each track will have its own certified instructor/trainer who has completed specialized training before teaching the classes.
Education is a strong component of the program. After each class, participants receive instructions on assignments and exercises to complete prior to their next class session. Participant manuals with all the required materials are provided upon starting the program.
Each track is $99 for members and $199 for non-members.
(includes gym membership during use of program)
Cardiovascular ProgramThe program is designed for:
- Diagnosed with stable cardiovascular disease
- Completed cardiac rehabilitation or do not qualify for cardiac rehabilitation
- Diagnosed with cardiovascular risk factors
- diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment
- recovering from cancer at any stage
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Other inflammatory arthritic conditions
- Those wanting to improve overall mobility and flexibility